ETR Spring Mountain Run
Join Edmonton Trail Runners on Sunday, May 19th, 2019 for their 4th annual spring mountain run: one full day in the nearby Rocky Mountains enjoying one, two, or even three peaks.
The spring mountain run is designed for every athlete, from experienced mountain runners challenging personal bests to first-timers chasing new adventures. Do as little or as much as you want. Our leads will provide a safe and epic adventure for a variety of paces. Just show up ready to sweat and have fun!
This event is FREE! There is a $25 deposit to hold your spot*.
Every runner is asked to bring something to share for the potluck supper in the parking lot.
Carpooling is highly encouraged. Vehicles with three or more passengers will win prizes!
Carpool Link: https://www.groupcarpool.com/t/3we58r
1. Triple-Bragg: Do one, two or three summits in one day. If you complete all three summits, you earn an ETR hoody!
- Moose Mountain: 15-km, 600 metres gain
- Powderface Ridge: 14-km, 650 metres gain
- Prairie Mountain: 6-km, 600 metres gain
2. Single Summit:
- Prairie Mountain is an ideal peak for every age, from child to adult. It's a steep but short climb to the top, with a panoramic view of the mountains and a Canadian Flag. Average time is between 1.5 to 3 hours. Make a day of it and pack a picnic for the top.
*Deposits will be refunded to participants. Cancellations will be donated to Edmonton Trail Runners, a free fitness group that hosts weekly runs and other adventures throughout the year (www.edmontontrailrunners.com). Any donations to ETR at the event are also appreciated, keeping adventures free for every participant.